Monday, November 25, 2019

Words and phrases I have learned in Thai

I wanted to share some words and phrases I have learned in Thai

Kha (kah) - a polite way to say yes if you are female. You also put it at the end of many phrases to show politeness.

Khrap (crap) - a polite way to say yes if you are male. You also put it at the end of many phrases to show politeness. 

Chi (chia) - Yes, usually said to a friend or equal.

Mai (my) - No

Sawasdee (sah-wah-dee) - Hello. - usually followed by kha or khrap depending on the gender of the person saying it.

Khawp khun + kha/khrap (kop-koon) - Thank you

Khaw thot + kha/khrap (kah-tode) - I'm sorry

Mai khao jai (my-cow-jai) - I don't understand

Mai pet (my-ped) - not spicy

Pet pet (ped-ped) - very spicy

Rot daeng (roe-dang) - red car, a taxi service popular in Chang Mai that is like a tuk tuk XL.

No comments:

Post a Comment