Sunday, November 24, 2019

Daydreaming


We had a cooking class on Sunday. During our break we all kinda separated into our own little corners and just started to relax. I found this little corner with this hammock on and despite lowkey afraid I was gonna fall out of this thing, I decided to lay there for a bit. Originally, I planned on napping cause we did have an early morning but as I started to lay there I just started to soak in everything that was around me. We were kinda in the middle of no where. No sounds of cars or loud noises, just the birds chirping and the nearby pond where the ducks would roam around.

I found myself starting to zone out and I started to play some of my favorite tracks to put me in a mood. As I sat there listening to Nujabes, I started thinking about how blessed I was to be here. That all the choices I've made led me to be here at this point exactly. I remembered starting college and wanting a chance to go abroad and study. Or even how nervous I was applying to pharmacy school and thinking I wasn't going to make it. I remembered how I felt interviewing and how excited I was when I got in. I remember struggling through school and thinking I wasn't going to make it. But eventually I got through it all. Then I started thinking of when I would actually make it and how May 2020 isn't that far away anymore. I thought of my parents and how all their struggles would finally pay off cause both their sons would finally make it in this world. I thought about how much they'd pray for me and thought about what seeing them on graduation would be like. I thought about my friends and how they all stuck with me through it all.

Thinking about all that, sitting in that hammock made me realize how far I've come and how much more I have yet to do. But all I could do was to lay there and appreciate all that I've been blessed with. The mood was perfect with the perfect instrumentals to put me in the zone. As I laid there thinking about how traveling the world puts me in my element, it made me realize that I am exactly where I needed to be at that moment.

-Ajay

P.S: Anyone actually reading this should definitely check out Nujabes instrumentals. Its just something else. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment