Wednesday, December 4, 2019

That's a wrap Thailand


As Thailand APPE comes to an end, I wanted to take the time to reflect on the last 4 weeks of this experience. I had a great opportunity to visit various hospital and clinics both in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. They were many modern and up to date hospitals in Thailand, but others made me feel so fortunate to live in the United States. Hospitals here in the US -- despite local have a certain standard. I am not only talking about standard of care, but the upkeep of the hospitals. We are very lucky to have hospitals were they are for the most part clean and tidy.

On a different note, I have learn that you do not need a lot to be happy. Some of the people that I have meet on this trip have so little, but yet are some of the happiest people I have ever seen. It is almost unfair how much we have back home while others have so little. This trip has taught me to be more thankful than ever for the life that I am fortunate enough to live. 



No comments:

Post a Comment